Enabling you to improve detail on the Heller kit, this 3D-printed set contains:
- 1 early F404 nozzles (only ones available suitable for the Rafale A, all other aftermarket sets I know of are later models with a cut on the aft part of the petals)
- 1 M88-2 nozzle (only ones available suitable for the Rafale A, all other aftermarket sets I know of are later models with a different nozzle-to-fuselage adjustment ring)
- 2 exhaust ducts (one for each type of exhaust)
- 2 afterburner flame holders
- 1 decal sheet for the left tail/aft fuselage “M88-2” specific markings
First, remove most of the kit’s rear face: you don’t need the kit positioning logs as the nozzles will seat flush with the fuselage – no need for additional guidance, plus they come in the way on the resin parts!
Then, prepare the exhausts:
- Prime to remove any sign of 3D-printing and support paint adhesion
- Paint each part individually using your documentation
- Assemble using the guides on the parts to ensure correct alignement.
Two options are provided, only differing by the “M88 tail marking”:
- Rafale A-01 as seen at the Le Bourget 1991 air show
- Rafale A-01 during M88-2 flight tests